Everything has been going SO well with Emily lately. As you can see and hear in this video she is incredibly happy. :) She's been giggling every day, laughing at Dora - enticing us to play with her -- it's been great! The MaxEasyS medical chair has made our lives MUCH easier with Emily. We took her to church for the first time since her hospitalization last week and she did so well. Heading back home she sorta crashed pretty bad, but that was due to the fact that we need a different vehicle so we can accommodate her like she needs. Argh! They're $50k new and good used ones are difficult to find. :(
Emily's nursing has continued to be very helpful. Diana is able to get more sleep and we are able to spend more time with each other and with Emily without being her nurse 24/7. It can be tough to have new people in your house all the time, while you are sleeping, if you go out, etc -- adding different personalities and cultural differences don't necessarily make things easier in the midst of this life that we live. But, they've been a blessing and we are happy to have them.
Let's see, what else... I screwed some eye-bolts into our ceilings and we bought a hammock swing for Emily. Oh man does she ever think that is fun! We swing her back and forth, side to side -- sometimes she'll just lay there and watch stuff - It's great! She swung in it for 2 hours the other day while I was doing stuff around the house and swinging her every now and then. She was just as content as can be.
Annabelle is SOOO busy singing, drawing, and coloring she hardly has time for anything else. She continues to be such a selfless little girl, always loving Emily and sacrificing her own comforts for Emily. She is incredible.
Diana and I continue to work out our responsibilities, navigating our way through what seems to be an impossible life to manage at times. We're a good team - but often times even perfect team mates don't understand each other. I'm glad she's my wife and my children's mother... I'd never wish for anything different. :)
A couple of things we are working on:
- House that is WAY easier to accommodate Emily in
- VAN, VAN, VAN (we have to get rid of ours and purchase a new full-size, 10 passenger van)
- Non-profit setup - probably going to be called "Eminnea's" (Emily and Linnea mashed together - compliments of our friend Bob Gillette - thanks Bob!)
- Praying about and considering how God wants me to spend the 11 extra hours I have per week now that I am working Part-Time. Somewhere in there we have to make up the income difference. Please pray with us in this.
- Diana is going to start some classes towards a nursing degree either this Summer or in the Fall. Very exciting!